- 1 pkg tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 pepper (green or red), large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" piece of ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- juice of 1 lime
- few drops of sesame oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
1. Prep the tofu. I made crispy tofu, but you could also press and cube the tofu for a lower fat version.
2. Mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, cornstarch, lime juice, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil in a wok on med-hi. Stir fry broccoli for 3 mins, add pepper and fry for 2 mins. Add garlic and ginger and (and tofu if you are not using crispy tofu) fry for 1 minute.
4. Add in sauce mixture. Bring to bubbling and cook for about 2 mins, until broccoli is softened but still crunchy.
5. Stir in tofu (if you are using crispy tofu) and cashews and heat through. Serve over rice.