Tofu with Sweet Cranberry Glaze
- 1 pkg firm tofu, cut into 8 triangles
- 2 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of allspice
1. Slice tofu and dab with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Place on a stoneware baking sheet and broil about 5 mins per side, until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
2. Meanwhile, make the glaze. Place cranberries and water in a saucepan. Bring to boil, cover, and cook for about 15 mins, until cranberries are soft, Blend with a hand blender until smooth. remove from heat and stir in sugar and spices.
3. Turn oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place tofu on sheet, leaving ample room between. Spoon cranberry glaze over tofu, making sure to coat the sides. Bake for 15 mins. Turn over, coat again, and bake 15 more mins. Turn over, coat one last time, and bake 15 more mins.
Not all the glaze will be used. I boiled Yukon Gold fingerling potatoes, and tossed them with the remainder of the glaze.
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 8 slices of thick sliced whole wheat bread, cubed (I used Wonder Texas toast)
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions and celery until soft. Add spices. Pour over bread cubes and toss well.
2. Press bread into a stoneware loaf pan, cover with foil, and bake for 45 mins (i.e. while tofu is baking).
- 2 tbsp oil
- generous tbsp flour
- 2 cups plain soy milk
- 2 tsp sage
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Whisk in soy milk and bring to bubbling. Stir in sage and salt and pepper.