Quantity varies depending on how many fajitas you are making
- red, yellow, and green pepper, sliced
- sweet vidalia onion, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- portabella mushrooms, sliced
- olive oil
- chili powder
- balsamic vinegar
1. Toss peppers and onions in olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with good quality chili powder and toss again. Let marinate overnight, if possible.
2. Toss mushroom slices with olive oil, 1 tsp or so of balsamic vinegar, and chili powder. Let marinate overnight, if possible.
3. Heat BBQ to med-hi heat. First cook peppers and onions in a BBQ wok (or some other metal container with holes), stirring frequently. Cook until veggies are soft and slightly browned. Do not overcook. Remove pepper and onion and keep warm. Cook mushroom slices for about 5 mins, until softened.
Serve these with whatever suits your fancy. We had guacamole, chopped green onion, chopped tomato, and pan-fried Yves "Chicken" Tenders.