- 3 cups cooked fettuccine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 cremini mushroom, quartered
- 1/3 cup marsala
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
1. Get water boiling and cook your pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Saute shallots and garlic for 5 mins, until soft. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 mins, until beginning to soften.
3. Add marsala and sugar to the pan and cook until almost all reduced. Then add paste and water and bring to bubbling. Add more water if you want a thinner sauce. Season to taste.
4. Add cooked pasta to the pan and heat through. Garnish with parsley and serve.