Sunday, July 6, 2008

Teriyaki Tofu with Somen Noodles

Kind of a lame pic today I am sorry to say. I am settling in here in Philly (actually, I am in Cherry Hill, NJ with friends) and am trying to get back into the groove and hit my culinary stride. I miss my well stocked pantry, and my many kitchen utensils and gadgets. I am sharing a small kitchen and I am cooking for one. I feel all out of whack. On the plus side, I can shop at Trader Joe's once again. Oh, Joe, how I have missed you. Tonight I went for a balanced one plate meal. Nothing special, but still tasty.

INGREDIENTS
- cooked somen noodles
- 1 pkg firm tofu, diced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2-3 handfuls frozen green and yellow beans
- 1 mini bok choy, sliced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced

METHOD
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over med-hi heat. Toss tofu in flour and fry for 5-7 mins, turning regularly, until golden. Remove and drain.
2. Add a splash more oil to the pan, if needed. Add green pepper and fry for 3-4 mins, until softened. Add beans and bok choy and fry for 2 mins. Add in sauces and water and bring to bubbling. Let thicken a bit.
3. Add cooked noodles to the pan and mix well. Add tofu and mix well. Add more sauce if it looks too dry. Top with green onions and serve.