Makes 1 serving. Increase as needed.
- 1 potabello mushroom, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar + 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- cooked fettuccine pasta
1. Whisk together 2 tbsp of the vinegar, oil, and maple syrup in a bowl. Add mushroom slices and toss. Marinate mushrooms for 30 mins.
2. Get pasta cooking. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add mushroom slices and cook for 5 mins, turning regularly, until slices are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add garlic to the pan (adding a touch of oil if needed) and cook for 1 min. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 mins, until tomatoes begin to create a bit of a sauce. Add additional vinegar and salt and pepper. Stir well.
4. Toss tomato mixture with the drained pasta and put in a bowl. Fan portabello slices in top, garnish, and serve.