- 1/2 recipe puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 4-5 small carrots, sliced
- handful of yellow beans, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 pkg extra firm tofu, small dice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- soy milk for brushing
1. Place potatoes and carrots in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 8-10 mins, until potatoes are getting tender. Add beans and simmer another 5 mins. Remove from heat and drain.
2. While veggies are cooking, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and let cook for a few mins to release some of the water. Spray tofu with oil and cook until golden. Remove from pan.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in pan and saute onion and garlic for 5 mins, until soft. Add tofu and vegetables and mix well. Add spices and season to taste.
4. Add flour and nutritional yeast and mix well. Add soy milk and stir well. When thickened, remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. The filling needs to completely cool before you can put it in the crust. Stick the pan in the fridge while you prep the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13" x 16" rectangle. Place cooled filling in a line down the centre (there is a lot, so heap it on). Fold sides into the middle, making sure they overlap and inch or so. Fold ends in and press down to seal.
7. Flip over onto the baking sheet (seam is now down). Seal ends by pressing down on them with a fork. Brush with soy milk. With a sharp knife, cut slits along the top every 1 inch or so.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 mins, until golden brown.