Sunday, April 27, 2008

Easy Blueberry Sauce (with crepes)

Sunday brunch is fast becoming a tradition in our household. Today I added crepes into the mix. Son#1 has been asking for them every since I made dinner crepes and he was dismayed to see them not covered in some sweet fruit sauce. Now, I know I said that the dinner crepe recipe would not replace my sweet breakfast crepe recipe, but I lied. I upped the sugar to 1/4 cup, and cut the chickpea flour to a generous 1/3 cup. The end result is less delicate but far less finicky. Add this sauce for super tastiness.

INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice

METHOD
1. Bring blueberries, 3/4 cup of the water, and sugar to bubbling in a saucepan. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup of water and add to pan. Stirring constantly, bring back to bubbling and let thicken. Stir in lemon juice and serve.