Makes 4 quesadillas, or 16 wedges
- 4 large wheat tortillas
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- few dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
1. Boil potatoes, skins on, in a small pot for about 15 mins, until tender but still firm. Drain water and set aside to cool.
2. Grate cooled potatoes, skins and all, into a bowl. Add in scallions, hot sauce, and salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Assemble the quesadillas: put 1/4 of the potato mixture on half of a tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cook quesadillas in a dry skillet over medium heat, flipping once, until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut in 4 wedges and serve immediately.