- one pie pumpkin
- non-hydrogenated margarine
The amounts here are up to you, depending on what kind of soup you want. It can be thin or thich, sweeter or saltier. I like a thicker and sweeter soup.
1. Peel pumpkin. Cut in half and scoop out seeds. Chop up pumpkin into small pieces.
2. Boil pumpkin in water in a large soup pot until tender (about 25 mins).
3. Drain off water, add a lump of margarine, and mash pumpkin (or blend with a hand mixer).
4. Put back on heat. Thin with soymilk until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Heat until steaming, but not boiling.