- 1 head of garlic
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 generous tbsp flour
- 1 pkg firm silken tofu, dabbed dry
- 4 cups plain soy milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
1. Separate cloves of garlic from the head, but do not peel. Dry roast in a small pan over medium heat for about 10-12 mins, turning regularly to keep from burning, until soft. Cool and peel.
2. While garlic is roasting, melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 mins. Add green pepper and saute for 10 mins.
3. Place garlic gloves, tofu, and soy milk in a juice pitcher. Blend until very smooth with an immersion blender.
4. Add flour to onions and peppers, and mix well. Slowly pour in tofu mixture, stirring constantly. Bring to bubbling.
5. Stir in nutritional yeast, add nutmeg, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve over hot cooked rigatoni.