- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 pkg firm tofu, frozen and thawed
- 1/2 green pepper, large dice
- 1 red pepper, large dice
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2" sections
1. Heat sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over med-lo heat. Add chili garlic sauce and salt and mix well. Turn off heat.
2. Squeeze water out of tofu and dice. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok over med-hi heat. Fry tofu for a few mins, until golden. Remove from wok. Add 1 tbsp of oil and stir fry pepper for 2-3 mins. Add scallions and fry for 1 min. Add tofu and sauce to the pan. Reduce heat and let bubble for a few mins, allowing the sauce to thicken. Serve over rice.