Monday, March 24, 2008

BBQ Meatballs and Herb Roasted Potatoes

Sorry, no pic tonight. I used up all my battery power this holiday weekend and did not have time to recharge after the drive home and before I finished dinner. Ahhh . . there is nothing like a long drive home and then having to come up with a meal with a next to empty fridge. The first dish was BBQ meatballs. I took 2 packs of Yves frozen meatballs and simmered them on the stovetop in BBQ sauce (your choice) thinned down with a little water. Next was herb roasted potatoes: chunks of yukon gold potatoes tossed in olive oil, sea salt, basil, parsley, and marjoram. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 mins, or until golden brown. Add in a few sides of veggies and you have dinner. Actually, the meal was a huge hit with the kids, and Son#1 had thirds.

2 comments:

Virginia-SC, US said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog and check it almost every day! It is so inspiring and gives me great ideas! Being vegan doesn't have to be hard, especially not with great ideas from bloggers like you, Thanks!

VeggieGirl said...

no worries about no photographs tonight - your dinner still SOUNDS wonderful!!