- 8 small wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- vegan cheese
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and saute onions for 10 mins,until deep golden brown. Add beans and cook for 2 mins, until heated through. Roughly mash beans.
2. Add water and spices and mix well. Remove from heat.
3. Heat a clean pan over medium heat. Heat up a tortilla on pan for a few seconds. Spread 1/8 of the bean mixture over 3/4 of the tortilla. Top with some cheese and a heaping tsp of salsa. Roll up tortilla, starting at end with beans/salsa/cheese. Place burrito back on pan and brown top and bottom. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Cut each burrito into three. Serve.