- 1 pkg firm tofu, pressed, and cut into slices
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large vidalia onion (or some other sweet onion), cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of two limes
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch of cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- cilantro for garnish
1. Toss tofu slices in cornstarch and fry in oil over med-hi heat until golden. Remove from oil and drain.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over med-hi heat. Saute onions, stirring constantly, for about 5 mins, until onions are just starting to brown.
3. Add tequila to pan and cook until mostly evaporated, stirring constantly. Add juices and spices (except cilantro, of course) and mix well. Add tofu into pan and turn to coat. Add more orange juice if needed. Garnish with cilantro and serve.