- 100g rice vermicelli (aka cellophane noodles)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced ultra thin with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 pkg firm tofu, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-4 tbsp soy sauce
1. Put vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let sit for 3-4 mins, until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Bring the 1/4 cup of water to boiling in a wok. Add in broccoli and stir fry for 2 mins. Add in mushrooms and cook another 2 mins, or until mushrooms begin to soften. Add in carrots and cook another 2 mins. Watch the water level--if it gets to dry add another tbsp or two.
3. Add in tofu, vermicelli, and all sauces and lime juice. Mix well. Adjust sauces to taste (I made it fairly mild for the kids). Ideally, the dish will have some bite from the chili garlic sauce that is tempered by the sweetness of the hoisin sauce and sugar. Bring sauce to bubbling and let absorb into the noodles a bit. Serve