- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt margarine in a soup pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic for 5 mins, until onion is translucent. Add potatoes and three quarters of the broccoli florets. Add enough water to barely cover the veggies (some veggies should still be sticking out of the water). Bring to bubbling, lower heat, and cover and cook 15-20 mins, until veggies are very soft.
2. Blend veggies with a hand blender until smooth. Add soy milk and nutritional yeast. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add in remaining florets and cook, uncovered, until florets are soft. Serve.