- 4 large chunks of chicken seitan, cut into thick strips
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- pinch of cayenne (or more if you want)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 can coconut milk, minus 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- fresh coriander for garnish
1. Mix together line and orange juice and spices in a large bowl. Add in seitan slices and toss well to coat. Leave to marinate while you make the quinoa (see below).
2. While quinoa is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan on med-hi heat. Saute onions and ginger for 8-10 mins, until golden brown. Add in garlic and saute 2 mins more.
3. Add in seitan and any remaining marinade. Fry for 5 mins, letting slightly brown. Add in raisins and fry 2 mins more.
4. Add in coconut milk, water (more or less, as needed), and lemon juice. Stir well, bring to bubbling, and let simmer for 5-10 mins, letting sauce thicken a little. Season to taste.
5. Stir in green onions, garnish with cilantro, and serve over quinoa.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
Place all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 mins, or until all water is absorbed.