- 1/2 cup white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water or veggie broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken-style broth powder
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- freshly ground white pepper
Get your water on its way to boiling in your steamer
1. Mash beans finely with a fork. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix together into a dough.
2. Divide dough into 8 pieces and shape into burgers. Wet your hands with water is dough is a bit sticky. I pressed the dough into a ring to help get a nice round shape.
2. Wrap each burger in foil, making each as round as possible. Steam over simmering water for 30 minutes (no need for a rolling boil). Unwrap and serve.