I was in the mood for pancakes tonight (probably because the boys got up real early and we ate good ol' cold cereal this morning). I also made scrambled tofu, and created a recipe for "sausage" patties. Yum!
I made the pancakes from Vegan With an Vengeance. By far the best vegan pancakes ever. I also made the scrambled tofu, that Isa was nice enough to post at her Post Punk Kitchen website.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground fennel (anise) seed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup TVP
- 2 tbsp instant tapioca
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vital wheat gluten flour
- oil for frying
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry onion until golden. Add garlic and fry for 1 min.
2. Add spices, TVP, and tapioca. Stir until well mixed.
3. Add water and cook until absorbed and TVP is soft.
4. Stir in flour and remove from the heat. Remove from pan.
5. When mixture is cooled enough to touch, form into 8 balls and flatten into patties.
6. Heat a thin layer of oil in frying pan on med-hi and fry patties on both sides until brown.