Sunday, September 9, 2007

Cookbooks

I own many vegan cookbooks, and I borrow a little from each of them when I cook. But there are a few cookbooks I use over and over again and would encourage you to get. I don't really want to post recipes from cookbooks here because I think we should support vegan chefs with our money, but I will tell you what recipes work and which ones don't. Here are my top three recommendations (all available on Amazon):
1. Vegan With a Vengeance
A great collection with fresh ideas for every meal from breakfast to dinner. I use this several times a week. And, the ideas in here have spawned many original creations.
2. Vegan Lunchbox

I love the Vegan Lunchbox blog (you can order the book from there as well), and found this book a fantastic resource for the kids' school lunches and ours as well.
3. Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

This book has saved birthdays and family events (with non-vegans) because the recipes are so tasty and pleasing for all (who doesn't enjoy fat and sugar?). I used the recipes in here to make these cupcakes for my son's 4th birthday party (he wanted replicas of the race cars in the opening sequence of Disney's movie "Cars."