- 6 cups of ground tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste.
1. Peel tomatoes by putting them in boiling water until the skins start to peel, then plunging them into ice cold water. Remove skins, quarter, then coarsely grind in a food mill. Drain off excess liquid using a fine mesh sieve.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and fry garlic until golden. Add tomatoes and season with basil and salt and pepper. Bring to bubbling and simmer until desired thickness is reached.
3. Remove garlic cloves and serve over hot pasta.