- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup sliced sundried red peppers (or sundried tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- cooked pasta, like rotini
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute onions for 8-10 mins, until lightly golden brown. Add garlic and saute 1 min.
2. Add chopped mushrooms, spices, and salt and cook for about 10 mins, until mushrooms are soft, and have released their water.
3. Add peppers and parsley and cook about 5 mins, until peppers are heated through and flavours have developed.
4. Serve over hot cooked paste and garnish with parsley.