Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vegan Mom's Clean-out-the-fridge Chili

No real recipes tonight, I am sorry to say. Vegan Mom made this chili since I was stuck in a committee meeting. I have posted the photo here to prove that chili need not be just beans and TVP. This chili has roasted red pepper, green pepper, eggplant, carrots, mushrooms, kidney beans, onion, celery, and fresh tomatoes. So, next time you need to clean out the crisper, think chili!

I also tried a very simple custard tonight. And by simple I mean it basically came from a tin. Bird's custard powder was created by a man whose wife was allergic to eggs (according to Wikipedia). I made the custard as per the directions, then poured it over sliced bananas in custard cups. Tasty, and it hit the spot since pudding and custard really aren't on the menu much these days. The custard was a tad bland, and needed the bananas, so I am going to work on a better blend of flavours in the future.