- 1 block tofu, cut into 16 triangles, and prepared however you like
- mashed potatoes, mixed with 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half, and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp poultry spice
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups water (or more, as needed)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic for 5 mins. Add in carrots and celery and saute 5 more mins. Add in spices and mix well.
2. Add in flour and fry for 1 min. Slowly add in water and bring to bubbling. Adjust seasoning to taste. Simmer for 10 mins, until carrots are soft.
3. Stir in nutritional yeast and Dijon mustard and mix well.
4. To serve, put some mashed potatoes on a plate and make a well in the center. Put 4 pieces of tofu in the well and top with the sauce.