- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin (canned, or cooked fresh)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and spices in a large bowl.
2. Whisk pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and maple syrup in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and mix gently until moist. Add a little more liquid if need be.
3. Place large spoonfuls of dough on a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until browned.
TIPS FOR SOUP: Vegetable soup is easy to make and is a great way to cram in a variety of veggies. Saute onions and celery as a base, then add whatever suits your fancy. We like potatoes, corn, green beans, peas, eggplant, carrots, chickpeas, cannelini beans, tomatoes (plus some spaghetti sauce for flavour), and pasta (the kids like alphabets).