Saturday, May 10, 2008

Iced Chai Soy Latte

I just made this and am sipping away whilst I type. I love chai tea, but on warmer days like today I don't feel like throwing back a steaming hot beverage. The solution? Iced tea!

INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups water
- 15 chai tea bags
- 2 to 2.5 cup sugar
- ice cubes
- plain or vanilla soy milk

METHOD
First, make an iced tea concentrate so you can easily whip off more iced tea over the next few days. Half the recipe if you like.
1. Put water and tea bags into a pot and bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 mins. Remove tea bags with a slotted spoon. Add sugar (more or less sugar depending on how you like your chai--I (no surprise) like a sweet tea) and stir to dissolve. Allow to cool, then pour in a pitcher and store in the fridge.
2. To make the iced tea. Put some ice cubes in a tall glass. Fill glass with a ratio of 1 part concentrate to 2 parts soy milk (you can adjust the ratio a bit according to your taste).