Tonight is Friday, so it was pizza night again. No need posting the same recipe again, so I am posting the dessert we had a few nights ago--apple pie! The crust recipe is here, but for this pie you just need to make half a recipe.
- 1 9" pie crust
For the Topping
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c margarine (must be high fat, like Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup flour
For the Pie
- 6 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Mix together brown sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Mix in margarine with pastry cutter.
2. Mix apple slices, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Transfer into pie crust.
3. Spread topping evenly over apples.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
NOTE: We served the pie with So Good vanilla ice cream. Even though their soymilk tastes like total crap, their ice cream is absolutely delicious.