Friday, January 11, 2008

Brownies and Strawberries

Today was a tiring day with 5 hours of meetings and 1.5 hours of lecturing. Vegan Mom made a delicious Chickpea Pot Pie, which really hit the spot. After dinner, my mind started to turn to dessert and the therapeutic properties of sugar and chocolate. I decided to go with these brownies that Isa posted on the PPK blog, and topped it off with heated strawberry jam and sliced berries. I did not have the coffee that the recipe called for (I am more of a tea drinker), so I used chocolate soy milk. I also do not have mini muffin pans, so I used regular sized muffin tins and baked them for 5 mins more. I have never had any luck with vegan brownie recipes, but these are very good. Nice and moist, healthier than regular brownies, but still chocolaty and sweet.