- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili sauce or VH Szechuan sauce (or 2 dried red chiles--something to provide heat)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 green onions, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry garlic (and dried chiles, if using) for 1 min. Add in chickpeas and red pepper and stir fry for 3-4 mins.
2. Add in sauces (feel free to adjust to your particular taste), lime juice, onions, and nuts and stir until heated through. Add some water if too dry. Garnish with coriander and serve.