- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup TVP
- 1/2 recipe of this mushroom mixture, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp HP sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 8-10 potatoes, cooked and mashed with margarine and soy milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over med-hi heat. Saute onions for 5-6 mins, until softened and translucent. Add in TVP, mushroom mixture, HP sauce, soy sauce and mix well. Add water and cook until absorbed and TVP is soft. Stir in ketchup and remove from heat.
2. Spread 1/3 of the mashed potatoes in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Add a layer of mixed vegetables, and 1/2 of the TVP mixture. Repeat. Top with a final layer of mashed potatoes, sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
3. Bake for 45 mins, until top is golden.