- 2 large onions, diced
- 1/4 cup niter kebbeh
- berbere to taste (start with a little and add more)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups cubed chicken seitan
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp water
1. Fry onions in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until onions are a deep golden brown.
2. Add in niter kebbeh, berbere, salt, and blend well. Add in seitan and fry for 5 mins.
3. Add in tomato and water and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins. If stew is too thin, mix flour into water and add into stew. Serve with injera bread.