Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Strawberry Mango Shake and Orange Julius

I have managed to contract a nice case of strep throat. So, everything I eat tastes like sand. Needless to say, I have not been eating a lot but I have been looking for nice cool drinks to soothe my throat. This mango shake is awesome and has a strawberry milkshake texture and taste without any dairy. The Orange Julius is bright and refreshing. Do they still have Orange Julius stores in the mall anymore? I have not seen one since the 80s. I have yet to figure out a good way to photograph a beverage, so here is a stock photo of mangoes.

Strawberry Mango Shake
INGREDIENTS
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 12-15 frozen strawberries
- plain soy milk
- sugar

METHOD
1. Place mango and strawberries in a blender. Fill 3/4 of the way with soy milk (about 4-5 cups). Add sugar to taste and blend until very smooth.

Orange Julius
INGREDIENTS
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2-3 cups plain soy milk
- sugar to taste

METHOD
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.